Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Couldn't sleep last night

It turns out that my 1:00am post last night actually did more harm than good as far as helping me sleep. The writing got me to thinking about the holiday weekend, my old job, my new job. I ended up watching 2:30am tick away (digital clock, no actually ticking noises). After some very restless sleep, waking up about every 45 minutes, my wife gets up for work at 5:30. Normally I do not even notice that she is gone until I wake up but my anxiety is getting the better of me these days. Not long after my wife left for work my daughter decided that it was time to play at 6:30 – she is too cute to get mad at so I play along. Yeah, so I was really looking at about 3 hours of quality-free sleep to go on for my second day at work.

I can’t really put my finger on why I feel so anxious. Part of it is because I realize how much work is in front me at my new job, part of it is because I realize that I don’t really understand just how much work is in front of me. I know that is a contradiction, but its how I feel. I have been in my new role for all of two days and yet I feel like I have been there a month. The list of things in disrepair that I blogged a few posts ago just scratches the surface.

So what do I do? I can't go on with no sleep like this. Do I go to the doctor? Get some Valium? Ambien? Take some Tylenol PM every night? Drink myself into a stooper every night (I do love scotch)?

Time heals all wounds and in a couple of weeks I will probably be OK. Probably.

Time for a quick SNG before sleep (hopefully).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home